HOME SALES STATISTICS 2015 TO 2017
According to Northwest Multiple Listing Services data, the most important points revealed were not sales, instead, the inventory for sale (supply).
We all realize that the best time to sell anything is when demand is high and the supply of that item is selling fast.
STATISTICS SHOW FROM 2015-2017
- Total housing inventory is down 27.4% to 768 homes available for sale in the greater Tacoma area.
- That represents a 1.9-month supply. At the current sales pace, that’s down 34.5%since 2015.
- This is forcing prices up 9.7% to an average sales price of $256,130. 2015 average sales price is $207,931.
- Homes average days on market is down 27.1% to 35 days.
- Closed sales in Tacoma are up 9.2%
- Homes sold at or above list price up 35%
WOW! What are you waiting for? Call today and get a jump-start on the competition.
If you are going to sell, now may be the time to take advantage of the ready, willing, and able buyers that are out looking for homes. The buyers are hungry; lets feed-em!
– Richard Houldsworth
WHAT DOES 1.9 MONTH SUPPLY MEAN? IT MEANS THE WOLVES (BUYERS) ARE HUNGRY!
1-6 month supply seller’s market | 6-7 month supply balanced market | 6-12 month supply buyers market.
So you can see we are in an extreme seller’s market. Unfortunately, there won’t be much relief from new home construction, which continues to be grossly inadequate in relation to demand.
CALL TODAY TO SEE WHAT YOUR HOME IS WORTH
Richard Houldsworth 253-468-8673