When it comes to selling your home, it is always a good idea to have a home inspection first before you put your home on the market. Here’s why:
- When was the last time you went into your attic? Poor ventilation in your attic can lead to mold issues.
- What about your crawlspace? Dry-rot can lead to big issues if not replaced.
- Check to make sure your hot water heater has the required earthquake straps.
- Curb appeal is a MUST to get potential buyers interested in your home. Investing in curb appeal is one of the most important things you can start with. Make your house stand out from all the rest!
- Cleaning your gutters is one of the items an appraiser will call for to have done.
- Has your roof been cleaned recently? There should not be any moss growing there.
“It is always a good idea to have your furnace cleaned and serviced,” noted Leslie Swindahl of Coldwell Banker Bain Tacoma.
If you find any of these issues, you will want to get them fixed as soon as possible. Once you have addressed health and safety issues, it’s time for a Coldwell Banker Bain REALTOR® to come and look at your home inside and out. Our REALTORS® will always put our knowledge on your side.
When it comes to selling your home for the first time, this is when a Coldwell Banker Bain REALTOR® is your best choice to help you through the process. When you work with Coldwell Banker Bain, you can expect friendly, professional service that includes in-depth knowledge of the area and the current market conditions, outstanding communication skills along with the ability to aggressively market, manage and negotiate for you!